Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Breaking out of the cycle I am in.

Well, finally today I've decided to do something different. Initially, I wanted to kick start the day by doing my revision on Retail but I didn't cos that was what i did ystd and I don't really want to repeat what I did again. So..I kicked start my day by playing Muffin Knight while waiting for the Nutella to melt. I then decided to watch tv but I didn't want to watch Starhub channels. So.. I put on A Walk to Remember while sipping on my milk and eating my Nutella bread. I think this would be my 5th time or so watching this movie and it never bores me one bit. My sis actually mouthed out the words cos she's cool like that haha Anyway back to the point. I soon realised that all this while I've been living my life in a uniform, routine kind of way. Like I have everything planned out accordingly and I will most of the time or should I say all the time be doing things the same way and never get tired of it. Well, as quoted from Steve's book "...when your brain is confronted by the same visual stimulus repeatedly, the neural responses are reduced. Your brain is doing what it has evolved to do..." I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going through right now or should I say for the past 19 years. I just don't like to face new things and I like things just the way they are. That's why change is the one thing I'm afraid of. But I guess now, I'm ready to take the challenge of doing things differently and experiencing new things. I want to open myself more to my surroundings and accepting every experience with a positive mind set. As we only live once, I don't want to grow old looking back saying "I should have...." rather I want to look back saying "Did I really do that?!" I just want to change, like I'm really sick not seeing myself improve. I just.. I want to make a difference...

Well....let's just say watching the movie made me realise and ponder upon the little things in life. Let's just say.. I want to see a miracle happen.

Just a short quote from yours truly, "Everyday is a new adventure. Live it. Seize it. Beat it? It's the journey that matters, not the destination."

1 comment:

Effa Gates said...

that's my girl. -effa <3